The yoga tradition dates back more than 5,000 years. There are different yoga styles, all with great benefits for the body, mind, and soul. Yoga was introduced in the United States in the 1800s, and it became popular in the '60s with the hippie movement.
In the 90's yoga gain more popularity, thanks to yoga practitioner pop stars like Madonna and Sting. Nowadays, yoga classes can be found on almost every street corner and San Diego is home to a wide array of yoga studios with great reviews. Whether you want to relax, learn how to meditate or want to stretch your body with asanas on the beach, San Diego has plenty of options to offer. Given the great weather in this area, you can practice yoga on a pristine beach or on a grassy lawn in a park, year-round.
Yoga Studios Near Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- Soleil Yoga in Cardiff-by-the-Sea offers mixed ability, yoga classes. The yoga studio has an inspired, eclectic design. The classes are taught by experienced teachers. You'll feel like in a yoga retreat on an exotic island.
- Anahata Yoga Studio in Encinitas offers teachings in Anahata Yoga. This style opens the Heart Chakra, allowing a greater connection with our hearts. You can practice easy, simple yoga postures in a beautiful, nourishing environment, being guided by experienced and friendly yoga teachers. The founder's teacher was the famous Indian Yogi, Paramahamsa Yogananda.
- Soul of Yoga in Encinitas is considered by many, the best yoga studio in the San Diego area. Soul of Yoga offers a wide range of yoga classes and workshops. You can opt for Hatha yoga, Kundalini yoga, Vinyasa yoga, Gentle Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Pre-natal Yoga, Meditation, Yoga Nidra, Sound Healing, and more.
- Iyengar Yoga in Encinitas allows you to experience a full day of authentic teaching in the art and philosophy of yoga. They have asana and pranayama classes and recommend to participate in both classes, for a complete yoga experience. The studio offers intensive yoga workshops during the summer.
- Bikram Yoga by the Sea in Encinitas is a studio located to a ten-minute walk east of the Self Realization Fellowship. Bikram yoga is typically practiced in a hot room, their studio has far infrared heating. Yoga in a hot room improves skin breathing, metabolism, and blood circulation.
- The Chopra Center for Wellbeing in Carlsbad was founded by Deepak Chopra, yogi and renowned author of many spiritual books. The yoga center offers meditation sessions: The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga classes.
Experience Unconventional Yoga in San Diego
You can appreciate the benefits of yoga from a luxury and comfortable vacation home, with a peaceful and relaxing ocean view, or from a cozy beach house near the oceanfront. Also, you can choose the outdoor yoga that suits you best.
- SoCal Beach Yoga in Cardiff-Encinitas offers a unique beachside yoga experience. During an early morning yoga session, you'll be able to sink back into the peaceful serenity of your soul harmonized with the elements of nature. Jay, the founder of SoCal Beach Yoga holds sessions at Swami's, Grandview and Moonlight beaches.
- Sup Yoga, helps you to find your balance and hold poses while floating on a stand-up paddleboard in Mission Bay Aquatic Center. This is quite a unique yoga experience on the water.
- Hoppy Yoga or Beer Yoga in Mira Mesa, is the best option to tap into yoga in the craft beer capital. Every second Sunday you can participate in a donation-based yoga class at Green Flash Brewing Co. The class is open to all ages and abilities.
If you want to make your vacation in Cardiff-by-the-Sea even more enjoyable and relaxing, you can choose one of our luxury rentals that are specifically designed to make you feel like you've found your home-away-from-home! Namaste!