If you're visiting Cardiff-by-the-Sea, add Torrey Pines to your list of places to go, to see the rare Torrey Pines and the unforgettable view from the bluffs.
Visit the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve Park. It is one of the most beautiful places to see in South California. Desert landscapes, breathtaking coastal sights, pine forests, sandstone canyons, rugged cliffs, and hiking trails on the bluffs overlooking the ocean, make your trip simply unforgettable.
Take a hike up to the Torrey Pines Reserve Hike, enjoy the amazing ocean view while you're at the top and then hike back down the bluffs to the ocean shore below. The high viewpoints on the bluffs, especially the ones that stick out into the ocean are excellent spots to watch migrating gray whales from December to March. Explore the wonders Torrey Pines Hiking Trails have to offer, then relax on the pristine Torrey Pines State Beach. Enjoy some of the most popular activities in this area:
- Swimming, surfing and relaxing at Torrey Pines State Beach
- Hiking in Torrey Pines State Park
- Guided Torrey Pines State Park tours on Saturdays and Sundays
- Dolphin and whale watching
Important Things to Know
- There's no permanent lifeguard supervision below the bluffs at Torrey Pines.
- Lifeguards and park rangers patrol the beaches sporadically, and the zone can be risky.
- The cliffs from Torrey Pines State Park have been the sites of several accidents.
- For your safety do not try to follow the unmarked trails.
- The bluffs above Torrey Pines beach can be unstable and there is the danger of collapse, so, do not set up beach sites and do not walk too close to the cliffs.
A Place to Call Home on Your Vacation
It is such a great feeling to go home after a long day of engaging activities in a comfortable and luxurious house. Cardiff-by-the-Sea is ideally located only a few miles from San Diego and right next to Encinitas and Carlsbad beaches.
Our condos are equipped with everything you need to feel like home and come with access to a furnished deck from where you can enjoy the sunset in the evening.