With beautiful beach towns and world-class surf spots, it's no wonder that a summer vacation in California is at the top of Arizonans' bucket lists. Especially in the summer, when families are on vacation, lots of Arizonans flee their state's extreme summer temperatures for the more pleasant Pacific Coast.
Since California is just a stone's throw away from Arizona, beach towns like La Jolla, Oceanside, Carlsbad, and Cardiff-by-the-Sea are popular among Arizona residents who want to enjoy the long summer days and balmy nights cooled by the ocean breeze. Arizona is the state of world-famous natural wonders - the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Havasu Falls, just to mention a few, but there is one thing you cannot experience in America's sunniest states.
The Perfect Summer Destination for Arizonans
The ever-fascinating Pacific Ocean, the sandy beaches, the charming beach towns attract each year thousands of Arizona residents to California. According to Trip Advisor's statistics, one of the most popular destinations among Arizona residents is the San Diego area. Cardiff-by-the-Sea is ideal for your vacation thanks to its beaches, top-notch restaurants, stylish vacation rentals, and world-famous surfing spots. In this picturesque village, you can enjoy the laid-back beach community atmosphere combined with the San Diego nightlife vibe.
Things to Know When Planning Your Vacation in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- The warmest month of the year: August to early September.
- The busiest months for tourism: May, June, July.
- Prices are the highest in the summer, but if you book in advance you can save some bucks
- The most popular activities are swimming, surfing, paddle boarding, boogie boarding, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
Where to Soak Up Some Sun Near Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- Cardiff State Beach is excellent for surfing, swimming, and diving.
- San Elijo beach is ideal for families
- Pipes is a peaky surf break, popular among swimmers and surfers alike.
- Cardiff Reef is a beautiful beach park and a great surf spot
Enjoy the Comfort of a Luxury Home
When you start planning your vacation in Cardiff-by-the-Sea the first thing you need to do is to find an accommodation that fits your needs and preferences and book it in advance. Renting a house from local owners is the best way to experience how it feels to live in this beautiful beach town and enjoy all the perks Cardiff-by-the-Sea has to offer.
Savoring your morning coffee or a fresh orange juice, while admiring the astonishing blue ocean from the deck, or drinking a glass of wine in the company of your friends enjoying the sunset - these moments will create memories that will last forever.